Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pity Party, anyone??

This month has been stressful, to say the least. I've been overwhelmed balancing working 45+ hours a week, studying for the horrid Series exam, finishing up my B.A., stressing about finances and keeping up with my active 7 month old, all on an average of 4 hours of sleep each night. Violin, anyone?? Admittedly, I have never been one who handles stress well, nor has optimism ever been my forte.

Yesterday, I reached my breaking point, sitting in my car sobbing and praying to God for some kind of miracle (preferably in the form of a large, unexpected sum of money being depositied into my bank account, passing the Series, automatic A's in all of my classes, you know, nothing too unrealistic!). Instead, I was reminded that I get to witness a miracle everyday....



Sometimes it is easier to focus on the things in our lives that are not going how we would like or how we expected. It's in these moments, that we overlook the everyday miracles that in reality mean so much more than many others we bargain with God for. I have an incredibly healthy, handsome, active little guy who not only lights up whenever I enter the room, but he actually wants to be around me - all the time. Sometimes, that can be more than a bit overwhelming, but I have to remind myself that I won't always be so lucky. :)

I can't promise that I won't throw myself the occasional pity party, complete with streamers and cake, just that when I do, I'll try to realize I've already unwrapped the best gift.


2 comments:

  1. love it. When you have your next pity party..i'd be happy to join in..good thing we took those tests so we knew exactly how we were failing at life..so helpful..lol..love u girly. Call on me anytime you need a little help or a place to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girly!!! I loved the timing of those tests. I was like geez, please kick us in the face while we're down, huh?! Oh well, in my opinion, that just showed the tests they created weren't reliable or valid afterall lol.
    Thanks for being there to listen to me whine and complain. You're the best! Love u!!

    ReplyDelete